The nicely finished basement of the 77 Project provided the family with a place to watch TV and let their young children have a place to play.
Details of this basement.
- All exterior walls are insulated and have a vapour barrier
- Exterior wall stud are wood
- Celling has sound proofing insulation to limit noise transfer to the first floor.
- Wall between family/TV room and guest bedroom/ office has sound proofing insulation to limit noise transfer.
- Wall between family/TV room, guest bedroom/ office and the laundry and furnace room has sound proofing insulation to limit noise transfer.
- Wall between family/TV room and guest bedroom/ office is steel. It is strong and easily removed in the future to join the rooms together to make a large family / TV room.
- Extra plugs have been placed in the room on its own circuit breaker for multiple electronic devices. TV, VCR, DVD, Stereo, Wii, Xbox, PS3…..
- Laminate floor for easy clean-up of spills, and a fun play surface for kids.
- Extra light fixtures installed to make the room bright.
- 3 coats of high quality egg shell finish paint applied to the walls to provide great cover and good washable surface.